Job Title: Environmental Specialist/Engineer
Job Location: North Wales, PA
This position will be responsible for conducting environmental compliance assessments and will ensure environmental compliance through the submission of regulatory reports and permit applications, as well as implementation of training and written programs at various clients. The ability to work independently with the flexibility to adapt to our clients’ needs is required. Responsibilities include supporting a client base within the Environmental Services department to provide support in the areas of air quality, waste, water and hazardous materials management and related components of environmental compliance. The Environmental Specialist role offers technical challenges, a collaborative team environment and the opportunity for continuous growth. Our organization values and rewards talented professionals who bring new ideas, technical skills, and a high level of individual initiative.
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related discipline is required.
- Up to 5 years of progressive and relevant work experience.
- Prior consulting experience and environmental certifications are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare technical reports and present effective employee and supervisory training programs
- Ability to plan and organize initiatives to meet predetermined target dates and deadlines
- Ability to perform technical research
- Ability to complete various regulatory permits and reports (e.g. Tier II, TRI, Emissions Statements, Hazardous Waste Reports, etc.)
- Strong assessment and project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental client concerns
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant environmental regulations (i.e. EPA, DOT)
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills and behaviors
- Ability to travel both locally and regionally
Why Join CMI?
Compliance Management International has grown into one of the most prestigious environmental, health and safety firms in the region. Along with our engineering, risk management and DOT compliance services, CMI has experienced consistent and rapid growth by retaining the most qualified and experienced environmental and safety professionals at our offices in North Wales, Philadelphia, Mechanicsburg, Harrisburg, and Pittsburgh, PA. We offer technical and management advancement through our mentoring and management training programs, a collaborative team environment, and the opportunity for professional growth. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance options availablePersonal time off plus company paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- STD/LTD, Life, AD&D insurance options
- Professional development and training
- Generous employee referral bonus
CMI is an equal opportunity employer, and considers all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to: email@example.com. No follow up phone calls, please.